Thursday, April 3, 2014

Facing the Grey Tide Revisited

With yesterday's anniversary post, I took a look back at some of our earliest content. About a week after the first post, I had my first Facing the Grey Tide post. I intended to make that post a series, but it died out, partially as I got more focused on my NOVA posts and other more immediate goals. I thought it would be interesting to take a look back at the list I had then, and update it with what has changed in the last year.

Just a quick key to the list, strikethroughs indicate something I completed, a + indicates something added to the tally (such as all of Eldar), and a - means something off my list because I sold the army/item.

Tyranids:
Swarmlord
Broodlord and 22 Genestealers (though I'll probably only do about 5-10 in the first pass)
3 Hive Guard +1
18 (20) Devilgants
16 Hormagaunts
3rd Edition Hive Tyrant + Wings
Trygon
Converted Mawloc
2 Zoanthrope
~60 Termagants (~20 completed
+Winged Hive Tyrant
+Tervigon
+30 Spinefist termagants
+Hive Crone/Harpy
+2 Harpy/Hive Crone
+Exocrine/Haruspex
+Exocrine/Haruspex
+Venomthrope
+5 Raveners
+3 Raveners
+Pyrovore
+Tyrant Guard
+2 Tyrant Guard
9 Warriors (fix/update)

Orks:
Warboss (just needs basing and couple finishing touches)
Dakkajet (partially painted)
Painboy w/ Grot
5+4 Lootas
~50 Boyz
5 Nobz
2 Custom-built battlewagons
3 Killa Kans w/Rokkit Launchas

-Dark Eldar:
-Archon
-10 Warriors
-10 Wyches
-5/25 Hellions
-Venom
-Raider
~30 Warriors (from 3rd ed)

Other Game Systems:
MERCS KemVar group (7 minis)
Warmachine - Protectorate of Menoth Starter set (Warcaster Kreoss + 3 Jacks)
Protectorate of Menoth Warjack Crusader
Protectorate of Menoth Warcaster Amon Ad Raza
+5 Protectorate of Menoth Exemplar Cinerators
+MYTH Box

Tau:
4 Crisis Suits
12 Firewarriors
+10 Firewarriors w/Carbines
+12 Firewarriors
16 Kroot
+~30 Kroot
+6 Kroot Hounds
3+3 Stealth Suits
+Skyray
8 +4 Pathfinders (metal)
Devilfish
2 Broadsides
+Sniper Drone Team

Misc.:
+Baneblade
Terrain - Plastic Forests, Ruins, etc.

+Eldar:

+Avatar
+2 Autarchs
Eldrad
2 Farseers
5 Warlocks
40 Guardian Defenders w. 4 weapon platforms
10 Storm Guardians
Baharroth
+Magun Ra
+Asurmen
+Fuegan
+10 Dire Avengers
5 Dire Avengers
+2 Wave Serpents
+Wraithlord
Wraithlord
+Wraithknight
+2 Fire Prisms
Falcon
+3 War Walkers
6+10 Swooping Hawks
6+2 Warp Spiders
+6 Fire Dragons

+Necrons


+Destroyer Lord

+Overlord
Lord
24 Warriors
5 Scarab Swarms
4 Destroyers
2 Wraiths
2 Spyders
5+1 Immortals
+Annihilation Barge

+Space Marines:

+Captain
+Shrike
+2 Rhinos
20+~10 Tactical Marines
4+3 Assault Marines
+10 Bikes
Land Speeder
Dark Vengeance Dark Angels Captain

Dark Vengeance Dark Angels Librarian

I left out my Eldar entirely in that first post, though they're the only army other than Tyranids I have done much of any work for in the last year. Rather than making and updating that list again with any regularity, I think I'll just do a top 5 hobby goals for the next year and see how I've done in 2015.

1.     Update my 1,850 Tyranid List (1-2 more Crones/Harpies, 1 more Exocrine, 3 Warriors, Venomthrope, Bastion, a load of Termagants, Tyrannofex arms and head)
2.     Get a non-Tyranid army ready for Trios 
3.     Have 4 painted armies to choose from for monthly 1k Tournaments (3 of these: Eldar, Tau, Necrons, Space Marines, and Orks)
4.     Have more painted than unpainted minis through painting and through selling
5.     Get a usable force for another game system painted (Warmachine, MERCS, MYTH, or Malifaux [Thanks to Mike Brandt])

Some of my aspirations are definitely high, but fairly feasible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment