Wednesday, February 19, 2014

List Building: NOVA Madness Pt. 3 - Farsight Enclaves

So, the last and least likely army I could bring to the NOVA Trios Team Tournament, is Tau. Part of the reason this is my least likely is because it will require the most purchases (and by most I mean any). I think if I went this route I would have to have fun with it and bring just about only big scary suits, so I'm leaning to Farsight Enclaves.


For the 1k list, I'm sticking with the big suit build, and to max it out, I'm still getting a bit of an O'Vesa Star going.

Farsight
O'Vesa
Sub-commander Torchstar (for Drone Controller and Multi-Spectrum Sensor Suite)
Riptide: Early Warning Override, HBC, Velocity Tracker, Smart Missiles
3 Crisis Suits: Flamer and Burst Cannon each
Crisis Suit: 2 Missile pods

This army in total has 8 Suits and 4 Drones, 12 models total. Of that, most of it will be concentrated in the O'Vesa Star, featuring both Riptides and then the two commander suits.  For the most part, this list should be able to attract enemy fire and keep my ally relatively safe and intact to claim objectives.

To bump this army up to 2k, I'm sticking with Farsight only and not adding in any allies. I am adding some non-battlesuit units in the form of Kroot, since I will have to rely on myself for some scoring. I also added another member of the Eight, as well as an additional commander to bring the Talisman of Arthas Moloch. This will prevent the deathstar from being majority toughness 6, but it will also have more removable parts to Voltron out and help other units if need be.

Farsight
Commander Sha'Vastos: Flamer, PEN, Plasma Rifle, Shield Generator, Vectored Retro Thrusters, 2 Gun Drones
Sub-Commander Torchstar: 2 Flamers, Drone Controller, MSSS, Nueroweb System Jammer, Target Lock, 2 Marker Drones
O'Vesa
Commander: Advanced Targeting system, 2 Fusion Blasters, Talisman of Arthas Moloch, Target Lock
Riptide: HBC, EWO, Velocity Tracker, Missiles
6 Stealth Suits: 2 Fusion Blasters with Target lock, Vectored Retro Thrusters, Positional Relay
15 Kroot: Kroot Hound
15 Kroot: Kroot Hound
3 Crisis Suits: 2 Missile pods
Crisis Suit: 2 Flamers, Positional Relay
Crisis Suit: 2 Flamers, Positional Relay
Crisis Suit: 2 Fusion Blasters, 2 Shield Drones
Sky Ray: Blacksun Filter, Disruption Pod

The game plan here will largely revolve around the deathstar, which will willingly sacrifice drones until it can get up to majority toughness 6. The Stealth suits and two flamer crisis suits will go for board edges to allow me to walk Kroot on just about anywhere I want.

Again, this is probably my most out-there list, and will require me to buy some Riptides and some Crisis suits, so probably the least likely of the three lists. But it also would be fun to mess around with.

No comments:

Post a Comment