Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Gaming Weekend II: One Month Out

As the title of the post suggests, we're planning another gaming weekend for June 29th. We're still in early discussion and planning, but it's looking like the big game will feature Ron's new Tau, possibly with +Chandler D adding some firepower either from shared Tau or other allies, going up against my Orks, who might need some allies depending on the point size.

 vs.  

Obviously, that plan is still liable to change, with new armies thrown in. If John also plays again, we might try to get in side-by-side 1k games rather than a 2-on-2. We shall see.

Personally, I've been taking a bit of a break from painting and modeling for a few weeks now, and this should help motivate me to jump back in. One of the top things on my list will be to finish painting the DakkaJet for the Orks.


Once that's done I'm debating between two courses of action; either I try to hammer through as many greenskins as possible, playing with my airbrush where it seems worthwhile, or, I shift focus and put together some Tau, Dark Eldar, and/or Necrons, all of which have been calling my name a bit of late.

I'm leaning a little toward the Dark Eldar; I have a lot of models on the sprue that have been calling to be worked on, and I really want to try out a bone-based scheme that I've been bouncing around for a while. That said, there is a hidden temptation with the space elves to also include their nobler cousins in the revamping, and with all their shiny new toys, would be a temptation to spend money I don't have available right now.

Also, if I give into temptation and work on Dark Eldar, or the more random temptation of Necrons, I will be straying from the fun story-line of Tau vs. Orks that just begs to be explored. Admittedly, a lot of the Orks are at least assembled, so they're fieldable, but painted would be so much nicer. An argument in favor of the Orks is that there's more room for experimentation with my airbrush, particularly with vehicles. Finally, I've always wanted a true green horde, and if I can paint  up the 50 or so Assault on Black Reach Boyz, I'll be well on my way.

In addition, I will also be pushing to get my terrain to a more respectable level, with fewer pink hills and white or grey walls.

My waffling what it is, I will continue to post our plans and my build-up to our second gaming weekend. I'll also be pushing Chandler and Ron to share their own plans and thoughts as they get ready. Stay tuned, and thanks for keeping with us despite a reduced frequency of posts (We broke 3k page views last week!)!

No comments:

Post a Comment