Saturday, August 10, 2013

Weekend Odds & Ends

 I thought I would put together a mini update of rumors, releases, and hobby progress. My weekend began with these bad boys arriving from Moridian7th. These two models were more or less why I started following his blog in the first place, so I couldn't resist. Also, it's nice to know that I'm helping out a fellow hobbyist with my impulsive purchases.



After briefly toying with the idea of scrapping the nids and throwing together an 1,850 point Eldar list, and then realizing there were actually more Eldar models to paint than Tyranids, I got back to work. I spent some time working on the transition from my old GW carrying case foam to the new Battle Foam pluck foam trays I picked up.


I really like how customizable the pluck foam is, but it's a little nerve wracking trying to make sure you are being as efficient as possible with the space.


 For whatever reason, my puppy really likes sitting on one of my GW cases, though she's very quickly getting too big.


I then put some work in at the painting table, finishing up the two Zoanthropes I'd started the night before. I've included pics with and without flash. They seem to look somewhere between the two.



Finally, I'll wrap up this post with a tidbit of Codex Supplement release info I found interesting. The Black Legion Supplement Codex went up for preorder on iTunes last night, but will not be available in other eBook formats until September 7th. I'm not sure why it is, but I am a little disappointed and confused with it. The release order and formats of these supplements seems incredibly chaotic and unorganized, and I'm not sure if it's GW performing market tests of what will sell the best or just an indicator of them putting them out as soon as the book is finalized.

No comments:

Post a Comment