Monday, August 26, 2013

NOVA Bound: Plan of Attack and Short Update

The last weekend before NOVA has come and gone and I accomplished nothing. Not a single thing. I went out of town, leaving Friday immediately from work and arriving late last night. That said, this wasn't a surprise and has been incorporated into my planning. I will also be leaving for the DC area on Wednesday evening, and so, expect to have only tonight and tomorrow night to work on finishing up. Tuesday might be a late night.

Before leaving town, I did get a bit more done on the board, namely the pathway and plinth, which was then secured in its spot.

 


The grim visage of this forgotten hero of the Imperium will not halt the Tyranid horde
The remaining steps for the board are to frame it with lattice wood to give it a lip and some added resiliency, and paint the lane line on the road to match the Mawloc.

That process will begin tonight, though it may have to wait until Tuesday to be completed. In the mean time I need to move on to the eight devilgants and two biovores. Last week I touched up the black on the hormagaunts and decided they would be called "done" for the time being there. I'm really not happy doing that, particularly since my touchups won't match the primer areas, but at this point I don't have time to go through and do them justice.

I've updated my turn checklist from last week, adding in some boxes to fill out my Warlord Trait and Psychic Powers for each game. The to-do list, by necessity, is just about done:

Must Complete:
  1. Mawloc Project 
  2. Paint 8 Devourer Termagants
  3. Paint 18 Termagants
  4. Paint 10 Hormagaunts
  5. Paint 2 Zoanthropes
  6. Paint 2 Biovores
  7. Display Board
    1. 90% Complete
My final list, 1,850 of Tyranids, comes out to:
HQ:
Swarmlord (Warlord) w/ Tyrant Guard
Flyrant w/ 2 TL Devourers, Wings, Old Adversary
Elites:
2 Zoanthropes
Troops:
Tervigon w/ Crushing Claws, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, 2 extra powers
20 Devilgants w/ Mycetic Spore
10 Termagants
15 Hormagaunts w/ Toxin Sacs
Heavy Support:
Mawloc
Trygon
2 Biovores

I definitely haven't accomplished as much as I wanted to when I began this journey, and yet I now have the largest painted 40k army I've ever gotten together, most of it painted at a level I'm pretty proud of. Short of something strange happening, I fully expect to do this again next year, possibly challenging myself (over a longer time frame) to have another army ready for the tournament; however, with Tyranids rumored to drop in November my time away from my bugs might be brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment