When my commander was packed - I received two right leg (and arm) sprues, but did not get the sprue with the left leg, shoulder pad, and support system. The casting of what I did receive was fair. Lots of bubbles, a few instances of mold shift, and some troublesome straight lines - not unworkable, but fairly labor intensive to assemble. Needless to say, I called up GW to see what could be done. The customer support experience was extremely pleasant - the operator apologized and told me they would send out a replacement and I would not have to send the old one back. I was unsure if the replacement would arrive in time for the gaming weekend Chandler, Evan, and I are planning for the 29th, so I decided to put together what I could of the commander I had.
The heavy rail rifle shoulder pad in the new broadside kit fit the bill for the missing shoulder pad with some trimming (I had assembled the broadside kit it came from with HYMPs).
|Broadside shoulder pad with no modification|
|Broadside shoulder pad trimmed down|
Although I had a second kit in hand - I was already near the end of my conversion so I decided to finish out the right leg to complete my first commander. Next up was to do some putty work to make the top of the thigh pad look, (as close as my limited putty skills allow) like a left leg - then to glue the leg on the model. Below is the finished product.
|I added the bonding knife to conceal the putty work further|