Thursday, May 19, 2016

Throwback Thursday: Space Marine Command Squad

Back in 1999 (I think), GW released a command squad box that unveiled the current style of Bolter. Previously, all bolters were the small, "heresy" era style. Despite the fact that I wasn't a Marine player at the time, I fell in love with the models and picked them up on a whim, and painted them up to the best of my, at the time very limited, ability.


Out of the whole lineup, there was something I liked about each of the models, but the one handed bolter the Standard bearer was carrying was one of my favorites. I also loved the banner that came with them, which has unfortunately been lost in the last 17 years.


Looking at these guys, I have to admit they don't look very good, though I remember being very proud of them at the time. Fortunately, they're all metal (except the backpacks), so I should be able to strip them down for a repaint without too much trouble.


I'm not sure when I'll get to them, but keep an eye out for these guys to get a makeover at some point, and then I'll revisit and show how far they've come from their humble beginnings at my teenage hands.



Every once in a while I dig out old models like this, and I have to say, I'm looking forward to revitalizing some of them, like these guys. Thanks for checking it out and what are some of your favorite models that maybe could use an update?

No comments:

Post a Comment