As the newest contributor to the blog, I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am the resident fantasy player of the group, yet to make the leap to 40k. I grew up playing both fantasy and 40k with Evan. After a long hiatus I have decided to make the leap back into the hobby. While I do enjoy the painting and fluff of the hobby, my real passion is the gaming side, so the fact that NOVA is fast approaching motivated me to get back into the swing of things.
I have always had a fondness for Nurgle; the fluff, the models, and the color scheme all draw me in. In my past Warhammer life, I ran a Plague Marine army, so I knew jumping back in that Nurgle was the way to go. Not yet having a great grasp of current Fantasy, I decided Warriors were a better option than trying Daemons.
The nicest thing about warriors is how quickly you can build up a force and get to gaming. My local gaming store has games at the 2500 pt level, which I thought would be difficult to reach initially, but as I started making a list I quickly hit 2500 and still had items on my wish list. Prepping for NOVA, I have increased my list to 2800, and after several games of tweaking, have settled on the following:
- Sorcerer Lord – Mark of Nurgle, Lvl 4, Talisman of Preservation, Dispel Scroll
- Exalted Hero – BSB, Mark of Nurgle, Halberd, Scaled Skin, Armor of Destiny, Palanquin of Nurgle
- Festus the Leechlord
- 5 Warhounds
- 5 Warhounds
- 18 Chaos Warriors – Mark of Nurgle, Halberds, Full Command, Standard of Discipline (Sorcerer Lord goes here)
- 18 Chaos Warriors – Mark of Nurgle, Additional Hand Weapons, Full Command, Banner of Swiftness (Festus goes here)
- 2 x Chimera – Regenerating Flesh, Flaming Breath
- 3 x Gorebeast Chariot – Mark of Nurgle
With the tourney quickly closing in, I am just about fully painted, with only Festus and the Hellcannon crew left to go.