Friday, November 8, 2013

Picking up Hitchhikers, Someone New Joins the Fold!

Hello everyone, I am Bryan, aka BeeCee, the newest contributor to FTGT. I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself as I join in the battle against the Grey Tide. I started playing Warhammer 40k WAY back in 2nd edition, long before the force org chart and special characters ruled the game.

Does anyone remember these?

My first army was Blood Angels mainly due to some blind luck. I went to my local gaming store and they had an army deal for a Blood Angels army. I asked the guy if they were good and he said they were. Ten years of drinking blood for the Emperor ensued.

This is the first model I've ever painted. Man did I think Chaplains were awesome back in the day!
I am currently preparing for a GT in Minneapolis, MN called the DarkStar GT on 3/8/2014 so expect a lot of talk about how I  don't want to lose every game/generally make a fool of myself in my first tournament.

I am bringing Tyranids so they present a unique challenge as they are expected to receive a new codex in January. The deadline to turn in rosters for "bonus" points is 2/15/14 so that leaves me with just over a month from the codex release to have a final list ready to rock.

In addition to building my list, I need to paint and assemble many of them. Thanks to awesome sites like Bartertown, I have amassed a pretty big collection. Just to show what I am up against, see below!


I approached Evan about writing on this blog right after the 40k views giveaway. We had already had some good conversations on the Tyranid forum and through PMs on The Warmaster forums hosted by Fritz40K.

I had a great time being part of the contest and the more I read the blog, the more I realized that FTGT is exactly the blog I was thinking about starting myself (just with a much more clever name than anything I would have come up with!).

I was going to use a blog as a way to hold myself accountable to my painting and hobby work and FTGT is exactly that. I am hoping to provide a solid C+ effort to table top quality painting, providing some army lists and random tactical musings.

Here is what I managed to get done partially as a result of the $100 giveaway contest.


I am really excited to be part of this blog and I look forward to interacting with the fine folks who run it as well as the folks who read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment