Monday, July 18, 2016

Miniature Monday FTGT Painting Showcase: Reaver Jetbikes

For today's Miniature Monday, I wanted to share with you a part of a Dark Eldar commission I recently completed. These are the five Reaver riders. I also recently finished painting 30 Kabalite Warriors for the same army, but they're not based yet so I can't call them completely done.



The riders and the bikes are done in a Kabal of the Flayed Skull style. I know (as does the client) that Reavers and the like aren't part of the Kabal in the fluff, but we opted for a cohesive scheme for all the models in the army. 

These, along with everything else for this commission, is done by the book, using the scheme laid out in the Raiders of Commoragh Painting Guide. These guys, like the other vehicles in the army completed so far, are light on the bone elements, and show more of the Red and Green in the scheme. This will compliment nicely the parts of the army that have more of an emphasis on the bone elements.



I'm happy to call these guys done. Next on the table for the Dark Eldar are the Characters and Wyches, so that should be exciting. But first, I'm jumping back to the Warhound Titan and hope to have that assembled and painted in the next couple weeks.

As a shameless plug, I'm selling a really nice Stormsurge on eBay, so go check that out and shoot me an offer if interested.

Anyway, thanks for checking out the jetbikes and stay on the lookout for more models coming out of the FTGT Painting Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment