Monday, June 20, 2016

FTGT Painting Showcase: Mawloc

I recently had a chance to finish up a model that's been brewing for over a year now - another Mawloc making a dynamic entry. This one is bursting up through an Ultramarines Rhino.


The concept for this one was pretty simple. I took an old Rhino and pushed a hole through the bottom of the crew compartment, peeling back the plating to make a hole large enough to push the Mawloc's tail through. I also bent and tore at the doors and pulled off part of the track.


In addition to the conversion of the tank, I also molded a base to give the impression the ground had swelled up under the Rhino, and that the Mawloc was still emerging.


Painting was done primarily with an airbrush. I used stencils from Fallout Hobbies for the Tactical arrows. The rest of the marking on the tank was done freehand, and the highlights on all parts of the mawloc were done by hand as well.


I'm pretty happy with how this guy came out.  I have one more Mawloc on sprue in my closet, but no real plans for him. Maybe he'll be the first to use the entire kit, even if that means he's a little more static and normal than my other two.


Thanks for checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment